Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Anyone have success in bringing a 7 month old back

Default Anyone have success in bringing a 7 month old back

to the breast after 6 months of pumping? Baby had no issues nursing during the 1 month she was nursing. Just the result of ignorance during a nursing strike. I started pumping instead of nursing..
    Last edited by @llli*NeedSuccess; May 28th, 2012 at 11:20 PM.

Default Re: Anyone have success in bringing a 7 month old back

I'm not sure, but I think lots of skin on skin will help!

Some moms do get older babies back to the breast- my own mom did after 3 months off due to medical issues. But after 6 months of bottles there are no guarantees. Baby is old enough to know what she likes and may not be open to trying "new" things.

This link has useful techniques for getting baby back to the breast: http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/child/back-to-breast/
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I tried and tried and tried...and still try...to bring my LO back after his palate surgery at 9.5 months and was totally unsuccessful. Broke my heart. I HATE pumping. It is soooo much more work,

http://thebreastfeedingmother.blogsp...reastfeed.html

ETA: I am completely confused...here you have a 7 month old but you posted about not having help yesterday with a newborn? What is going on?
    Last edited by @llli*aprilsmagic; May 29th, 2012 at 08:05 AM.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Working through getting an 8 month back to breast due to a strike. He's only been on strike for about a month now, though. We take baths every day, pretty much hang out topless around the house in case he decides its time, lots of cuddling, skin to skin, alternatives to bottle feeding, etc. the links provided by other posters have helped us with previous strikes. Good luck!