Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Breast pain - let down?

Default Breast pain - let down?

Im at the 2 week stage of breastfeeding. I still feel tingling and soreness in my breasts and nipples, usually between feedings which lasts from a few seconds to 30 seconds at a time. However I dont feel the "let down" during nursing. Could the tingling and slight pain be the let down? Is this soreness normal? If so, how long does it last? Thanks for any opinons.

Default Re: Breast pain - let down?

It could be let down....I think it's different for everyone. My let down felt like my ds was REALLY sucking hard all of a sudden. It took me a while to figure out that it was truly letdown. Is your lo all of a sudden swallowing a lot when you feel this soreness/pain?

The soreness does get much better. Mine got better after 4-5 weeks, so hang in there.

Lisa

Default Re: Breast pain - let down?

If it's pain between feedings, it may not be let down. Let down is when your breast are stimulated and the milk begins to flow more freely. I don't think the pain sounds unusual. I had different pains, twinges, etc. for awhile. your breast are expanding and contracting with the milk filling and emptying, something they aren't used to. It will get better. As long as they are not hard and hot, you should be fine.