Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When to be concerned?

Default Re: When to be concerned?

I've been block feeding for 2 feedings for 2 weeks. No change. Tomorrow I'm going to start 3 plus cabbage leaves twice a day for 15 mins. Please pray it helps. I'm in so much pain and my little dude is so fart-y! I'm just at the end of my rope. I can't go back to work continually leaking and this engorged all the time. Just a little bit of relief would be nice.

Default Re: When to be concerned?

You can increase the length of the blocks to try for quicker results. Cold compresses helped me enormously with the pain. I had to use them in between every feeding for a while, I was in so much pain.

There isn't much you can do about the leaking other than keeping extra nursing pads with you at all times. I leaked until about 15 months, but I don't think it's nearly that bad for most people.

Bicycling legs, tummy massage, warm baths, and holding your baby with legs supported in a squatting position helps with the gas. You can't necessarily blame the oversupply for the gas, though. My baby was gassy even after my supply regulated. He's still gassy to this day. At some point, at least some of the farts started making him laugh rather than cry.

It gets better. Really it does. It just takes a little patience.
    K. Sophia - Mama to my little lactivore, the amazing Mr. X (11/10).