Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: help milk thu nose!

Default help milk thu nose!

Please
    can someone tell me if they have every had thier little one spit up milk thu the nose? I am getting really worried now since no one answered my first post. Is this totally abnormal? My ped dosn't seem overly concerned but she is still doing this at least once a day and she is almost 7 weeks. Please tell me someone else has seen this?
    karin

wife to the best guy... anthony
    BF~PTCD'ing~ co-sleeping~ babywearing~organic eating mom to adorable anneliese 9/27/06 and sweet little melania 12/22/07
    and mom to my first love.... 3 fur babies

Smile Re: help milk thu nose!

My LO did it at the peds doctors office while being examined and the doc said it was not a problem. He said it will go away with time. HTH
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 2,200 oz
    Alexandra: born 3 weeks early on July 2010 7lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches long.
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 1,200

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk

Default Re: help milk thu nose!

So sorry you didn't get replied to sooner! and, of course, sorry that you and your LO is having some trouble! - I just wanted to share my experience as my DS did that many times and it is distressing to see ... but it seems to fall in the line of "normal" indeed. (Especially if theres an GERD issue going on as there was for us. My LO has issues when I have dairy products..

as far as speech issues you mentioned in your other thread, I have not heard of that before and would wonder about it's truth?? do a little research.. but Keep up with the incline sleeping and don't lay him down until about 30 minutes or so after he feeds. This is what worked for us! And just to add a little funny. My DS wasn't laid down flat, until he was over 4months old! when we finally decided it was okay to try it out - he rolled right over!!!!!!!!
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Thanks guys...since its my first everything freaks me out. That is really cute....that your little one figured out how to roll when given the chance
    karin

BF~PTCD'ing~ co-sleeping~ babywearing~organic eating mom to adorable anneliese 9/27/06 and sweet little melania 12/22/07

Hi Karin,

I hadn't seen your previous posts, but wanted to add the my LO also shoots milk out of her nose sometimes. I find it happens more when I lift her up after feeding - I think I move her to quickly and the milk comes out because of her position shift. I don't think it bothers her any, but I feel bad to hear her breathing through her nose and all I hear is a mucousy (sp) sound.

Thanks Debi,
    Yes...I am constantly clenaing milk snot out of her nose. It dosn't seem to really bother her too much either. Let me know if your LO stops it or anything you did that makes it better. I will do the same
    karin