Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: On a breastfeeding ledge...

Default Re: On a breastfeeding ledge...

We were actually at the doctor on Thursday because I thought maybe she had an ear infection, but she was given a clean bill of health. I've tried nursing her in motion, but she is distract-a-baby and it actually makes nursing harder.

I'm at a total loss. I know babies go through things like this, but this is so much to deal with at once and I hope she doesn't make herself ill and this doesn't equal doom for my milk supply.
    I'm Erin, mommy to Ella, born at 33 weeks 4 days, and Addison, born at 35 weeks and 5 days.

Default Re: On a breastfeeding ledge...

You can also try setting up a chair outside or tucking her in a sling and bringing her outside to see if she is happier when dining al fresco. I did that a lot too. I also had nursing necklaces to help with distractibility. You may just need to keep switching everything up (locations, positions, etc.) and even taking some significant departures from your usual routines until you find some things that work.

Does she seem to be gassy? My son would scream at the breast sometimes because he would get terrible gas pains. I did a ton of bicycling his legs, tummy massage, and warm baths (you can get into the bath and try nursing her then too) throughout the day when he was younger.

Otherwise, could she be in pain from teething? Have you tried giving her some acetaminophen or ibuprofen for pain? Or giving her a cold washcloth to chew on before nursing? Teeth can start moving around long before they erupt.
    K. Sophia - Mama to my little lactivore, the amazing Mr. X (11/10).