Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grandparents do not understand "nursing on demand" concept

Default Re: Grandparents do not understand "nursing on demand" conce

Yes, when DS was an infant, I got an amazing amount of work done with him in a sling or on my back in a wrap. It's amazing how much time you can get by strapping a baby to your back and bouncing gently on a balance ball.

I also wanted to add that if you go for a nap, take your baby with you! I have always napped with my girls. They can nap without me of course, but if I was napping, I'd just wait until they were dozing off and I would put them in bed with me. That way if they got hungry, I'd wake and feed them. No reason to depend on someone else's decision of if they were hungry or not. You offering the breast will tell you for sure.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

Thank you all so much for your comments. I really appreciate the ideas and support.