Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: questions about weaning from pump

Default questions about weaning from pump

my lo is almost 15 months old and we nurse 3 times a day. i have stopped pumping and nurse when we are together. the only time i pump now is mon and thur nights b/c when i arrive home he is already sleeping. (he sleeps through the night.) i would like to stop pumping on these two nights but i am afraid my supply will suffer b/c i would be going 20 hours without emptying my breasts. i never feel engorged anymore so i am not worried about my comfort but i do not want to loose the supply that i have. so my question is....

should i just continue to pump those 2 nights a week? or do you think that i can stop pumping and my supply will not suffer since i've been nursing for so long now?
    mom to ds daniel 12/16/09 and ben 2/27/11

Default Re: questions about weaning from pump

I think you can stop now. At 15 months for only two nights, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't impact your supply too much. I would at least try it. You can always start pumping again if you encounter any problems.
    K. Sophia - Mama to my little lactivore, the amazing Mr. X (11/10).

Default Re: questions about weaning from pump

You might be full, but it would be OK.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!