Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weaning advice...to wean or not to wean and when if so?!

Default Re: Weaning advice...to wean or not to wean and when if so?!

Hi ..thanks all for answering so far...will go slow with weaning and not force it prior to going back to work. That being said my little one amazingly for the first time ever didnt feed last night. He stirred and wined and I offered nursing but he didnt want too. dont know if this will be a one off ..lets see!

Wondering still on my 2nd question .."how long in your expe does it take to wean gradually, applying a "don't offer , don't refuse" approach. Is it a question of few weeks or few months? "' Could anyone else share their experience and how weaning worked fr you/how long it took?

Thanks a million.

Default Re: Weaning advice...to wean or not to wean and when if so?!

Weaning, if truly child led can take months to years. The age that a human child will wean on their own is between 3&5. Where you land with that if you decide to do mother led or have a child who isn't really that attached is something else. All I can tell you is IME having a Dooms day Day that you MUST WEAN BY can be very stressful and traumatic for both of you. So if it becomes important to you and you aren't happy with your child's natural process give yourself goals to work for but remain flexible.

Way too lazy for formula