Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I feel like my baby hates me

Default Re: I feel like my baby hates me

Please call your Dr. and explain to him/her how you feel. It's very important that you do.

Please try to listen to some of the advice that these great mamas have shared with you. Your baby most certainly does not hate you. Please, please know that. Sometimes, nipple confusion can occur. You can work through it. Just have lots of skin to skin time, and co-sleep. Everything will be ok mama. Your baby LOVES EVERYTHING about you.
    SAHM to all my boys

Wyatt 2/23/99
    Isaiah 7/11/00
    Hunter 2/9/10- made it through our dairy allergy!
    and loving from afar, my DSS Kaleb 3/30/97

Aww, I am so sorry you feel this way, I have no advice, seeing as I am new to this whole deal also, but I can say I will be praying for you and your little one. Just know your little love loves you, he may not take to your breast but who is the one who comforts him when he cries, rocks him to sleep, and holds him? You. You are a great mom for still trying to nurse and not just giving up, keep trying and you may just have to try and pump for awhile, which is what I am having to do because of pain. I know how much that bond means to have your baby nursing, but my mom suggested to me, (since I was in tears when I found out from my Dr. that breast feeding may just be painful to me) feed baby the bottle like if you are nursing, take off your top, if you don't leak when your bra is off take it off also and hold baby as close as possible, this may even help with him possible getting use to the feeling and may help him latch onto you. I hope that helps if anything just encourages you. But you are a good momma.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*joe.s.mom View Post
    Five week old babies can be very fussy, and they don't make a whole lot of eye contact, period! It's not the most rewarding age. (That comes later)
    x1000

Please seek some help, mama, and let us know how you are doing! We're worried about you.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

How are you doing?!?!?
    Blessed with DS - born 9/2/09 - nursed/pumped for 12 months
    Blessed with DD - born 3/27/12 my dreamfeeder

903 ounces donated.
    http://www.wakemed.org/landing.cfm?id=135

yes i'd love to know how you're doing as well!

Thank you so much for everything. Sorry to be so long to come back and thank you all for the emotional support. I've been a bit busy. I went to a la leche coffee morning that I found a poster for online when I googled la leche and it was a huge help to me. I met some lovely people. I was also offered a 2 week temporary job (as a medical secretary) and I'm incredibly sleep deprived but I think I'm holding it together for now. x

hooray - this is excellent. GOOD JOB mama! keep up your contacts with those LLL people you met, too!
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

I hope things are going well for you! I also face the same thing sometimes when I am feeding my baby. She would be visibly hungry (smacking lips/sucking on fist), but when I offer a breast, she would push herself away and scream/cry/wail. Usually I play with her or carry her around the house until she calms down and is just a little bit sleepy. Then I would gently offer my breast again until she accepts it. It's hard for the baby to constantly be switched between breast and bottle (I have to work so during the day, she drinks from the bottle). Hang in there! Hopefully this will just be a phase that will go away
    Proud of Baby

I was in the same boat as you. My baby was given bottled formula for about 36 hours before my milk came in while he had jaundice. After that, he was so frustrated at the breast he would not take it. I had 3 different LC's try to help. Now at 8 weeks, my baby will suckle and lightly nurse for about 3 mins at each side. I still have to pump and bottle feed, but at least he is only getting BM. What I did was give him a break from the breast for a week. I didn't offer it at all, after that, I only offered it for suckling and comfort. I also tried a breast shield. Goodluck and your are NOT a bad mommy! You are trying, and that's the best you can do!