Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's happening again;(

Default Re: It's happening again;(

I don't know I scalded it to 160 degrees. Hopefully it was a bad batch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am Kate
    Wife to Jason
    Mom to Aubrey 4/06 queen
    Mom to Nathan 5/08 Relactated for him and he got EBM for a year
    Mom to Jack 8/11

Ok I'm going to rent a breastpump to pump on my days off to boost my supply any advice on when to pump? Just anted to add that when I'm home my baby bf and doesnt get a bottle and he doesn't act like he's not getting enough it just my pumping output.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am Kate
    Wife to Jason
    Mom to Aubrey 4/06 queen
    Mom to Jack 8/11

to boost supply, pump after every nursing (or as much as you can). if you're just pumping to get an extra bottle on the weekends to store up, then pump whenever you can space it out with normal nursings - right before you go to bed, or first thing in the morning, or god forbid 3 am but lots of mamas do it.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

I'm sure you have more than enough milk for him! I had a hard time around 9 months too. There is something mental and physical that happens. Have you checked the parts that you bring with you to the pump? Do you think you might need to go up or down a shield size? What about your tubing? Have you changed out the little white membranes on the pump parts?

Personally,I would probably pump at the same time as that first pump time at work on the weekends. Or - you're saying that he is not nursing when you get home. How long has it been since you pumped at that point? Pump then - or have the person taking care of him give him less milk so that he is interested in nursing when you get home.

Is he eating much in the way of solids? You can introduce whole milk yogurt at this age, if you want to.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

He. Yes nurses right before I leave and as soon as I get home. The thing is I work nights so it's not like my husband can give him solids at 3am We are going to try and give a more filling dinner on the nights I work and see if that helps. He loves his solids. I did check all parts and replace the membranes. I will just pump after feedings and see if that helps. It's crazy I went from pumping 16 to 18 oz to maybe 13 oz. So frustrating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am Kate
    Wife to Jason
    Mom to Aubrey 4/06 queen
    Mom to Jack 8/11

Frustrating, yes.

While your DH can't give solids at 3am, he can give yogurt as a bedtime snack or in place of a bottle in the evening, which might free up a bottle for that 3am feeding
    Last edited by @llli*aprilsmagic; May 24th, 2012 at 05:36 PM.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Or those drinkable yogurt smoothies!!
    Tracie

Mommy to

Around nine months, I think I just got so used to pumping all the time that it wasn't as effective anymore. Very annoying! I got through it by doing a lot of breast compressions (massaging my breasts while pumping).

Also, if your baby is taking solids really well and nursing all night, he may not need as much as you're leaving anyway ... While breastmilk is still the most important food for a baby until 9 months old, consumption often goes down a bit once the baby really takes to solids, so there's that possibility as well. The fact that my baby woke frequently at night to nurse, while a bit tiring, always reassured me that he was getting plenty of milk, so that even when I had a bad day pumping, he was doing fine.

ETA: Oops, I see you work nights. That is more difficult in some ways, because nursing at night is a comfort thing as well as a nourishment thing. I agree, give him a nice solid meal before bed. And try other methods of comforting besides drinking from a bottle - it could be that cuddles, etc., could work instead of feeding in some instances. At nine months, you may have a baby who is waking frequently due to teething, rather than hunger. If that's the case, perhaps try some pain reliever?

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2lilah View Post
    Or those drinkable yogurt smoothies!!
    YES. I forgot about those! When Gav was 10-11 months, and I was struggling to pump enough (that darn 9 month wall) we did that. He got a smoothie at like 9 PM and it helped tide him over.

Hmm.. Maybe I should try those again. He lately wants to eat every 1.5 hours at night.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Susan - it's probably the molars.
    Tracie

Mommy to