Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Sleeping 12 hrs???

Default Sleeping 12 hrs???

First, let me say I am very proud that we have made it to 6 months nursing. DS3 was a preemie and I supplemented early on but weaned off the supplements and havent looked back since

DS3 is a crazy good sleeper, which I know may or may not always be the case. He has lately been sleeping approximately 12 hours at night. He will sometimes wake once to nurse, many nights he will not wake at all. There is the very occasional night where he will have a tough night and wake 2-3 times but for the most part he is OUT from 9pm-9am, sometimes sleeps till 10-10:30am. I have tried to get him on an earlier bedtime fairly consistently but we have evening baseball games for DS1 and DS2 at least 4 nights a week so its a little crazy right now. If I try to get him down earlier he will take 2-3 tries to stay down, whereas at 9 pm he goes down quickly and easily.

Anyway, I am wondering what I should expect in terms of my cycle returning. I am on the mini pill but DH and I are planning on trying for one last baby, and would like to try to increase chances of a girl (I hate to say we are hoping for a girl, it sounds like we wouldnt be thrilled with another boy), so I would like to chart my ovulation for a few months prior to trying to concieve. We are not planning on trying right away obviously, but would like to have some idea of what to expect?

Thanks ladies!
    Last edited by @llli*winngrin; May 22nd, 2012 at 08:32 AM. Reason: typo

Default Re: Sleeping 12 hrs???

If he is consistently sleeping 12hours a night, you can expect your period any minute now.

Way too lazy for formula

Is there a possibility that the mini pill is masking the signs of returned fertility?
    DD#1 July 1986 VB
    DD#2 April 1988 c/sec
    DS#3 April 1990 VBAC
    DS#4 June 1993 VB
    and suprise!
    DD#5 April 2001 c/sec
    BTDT scars and stretchmarks,: wrinkles and grey hair

I guess Im not sure about the mini pill. I assumed that there were 3 active weeks of pills and 1 inactive week to expect my period but all the pills are the same color, could they all be active pills? I will have to check on that. He has been consistently sleeping like this for about a month.

There are some days I feel like I am cramming in nursing sessions to make sure he gets enough. He was 19 lbs 11 oz at 6 months so I guess that he is!

The minipill is all active pills. It can suppress your period.

And I'm crazy jealous of your little sleeper!!
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months