Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worried about Milk supply

Default Re: Worried about Milk supply

ok, gotcha, She is doing better, she eats the 2-3 oz that I am able to pump and I am trading off bottle and breast because I still hurt while nursing. I saw my Dr. and she said she saw no sign of infection and she believe it is a latch issue or I may just be a mom whom hurts while nursing, which was the reason my mom only nursed for a short time. I bought a nipple shield and it helps a little but I still feel a burn afterward. But thankfull my little one seems to be getting enough both on bottle and breast.

Argh, I'd like to your doctor! There's no such thing as a woman who "just hurts while nursing"! Pain that is bad enough to cause mom to consider quitting or makes her feel like she must bottle-feed is not normal pain. There's something that needs to be improved- either the mom has an infection or the baby has latching problems...

See an IBCLC. Docs tend to know nothing or next to nothing about breastfeeding.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Ok so talked to a wonderful Le lache lady in Springfield yesterday and she did some research and helped so much, it seems that I may have Reynaud's phenomenon, all the symptoms are right and what she told me to do to relieve the pain helped also. She told me to start taking B6 vitamins but on a site I read that to much can shut down my milk supply and that I should only take 25 mg a day, but the smallest amount I found at walmart is 100. Do you ladies know anything more about this?

I don't know anything about B6 and milk supply, but this is a useful link on vasospasm and Raynaud's: http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/moth...ple-blanching/.

Vasospasms are often caused/exacerbated by compression. When baby releases the breast, do your nipple ever have a creased/pointed/wedged/ridged appearance? They may look like a new lipstick.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

ok so I am back again with the same question, this time due to another issue, I am doing better with nursing and she now just gets a bottle when we are out and about with no good place to nurse but when I went to the local herb/health store to get some vitamins for the Raynauds and the owner said my throat looked swollen and did a little test on me.... a little weird, she touch my neck, side, and wrist and had me hold my arm out while she pushed. She said she thought it was an issue with my thyroid, my skin is a little dry, my hair is falling out, I am tired, (but I am also a new mom, comes with the territory.) and my throat feels swollen. My daughter usually eats for about 30-40 mins, but lately she is eating for 20, 10 on each side, she pushes away, then cries, she will latch back on but pull away again, like if she doesn't get anything. On top of that I only feel full when I wake up in the morning, the rest of the day I feel rather empty. She is also rather crabby and only taking little cat naps during the day, yesterday she was up 7 hours with only about an hour worth or catnaps. she has at least 5 wet diapers and 2 dirty, so I assume she is fine, but until now she just didn't cry unless hungry. I have a checkup with my ob tomorrow since my daughter is 7 weeks, but I was just wondering opinions.