Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: just for fun--weird nursing habits

Default Re: just for fun--weird nursing habits

My LO is almost 4 months, and she strokes me rhythmically the whole time she is nursing. She just strokes her little hand across my chest, my DH laughs too because she is so particular about it!

Christin

Vegan Mama to Eleanor Hope- 9/2/08 and Lorelai Eden 1/25/12

Love , , and

living green

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*rakoonz View Post
    last night, we had a latch, unlatch, laugh hysterically, latch, laugh, unlatch, more hysteria, and ultimately hiccups, and eventually sleep. pretty good way to end the day, imo.
    My little guy does that a lot in the afternoon. It's usually latch, laugh, dribble milk all over both of us, pull my hair, laugh some more, latch, repeat.

Mine does the "come hither" motion! So cute
    Taylor Don 10/24/98-11/22/98
    Katie Elena 8/24/11

My 9 month old likes to grab onto my lower lip while nursing. I much prefer that to the alternative...him hitting me repeatedly!!

Must be a 9 month old thing with grabbing the lip--my daughter does that!
    Katie Elena 8/24/11

My daughter always makes me laugh while she's nursing, and I figure I'm encouraging it, but can't help but laugh. Sometimes she just stops nursing and looks up and smiles to get me to laugh! But she usually amuses me if I'm watching TV or if someone comes into the room, she needs to immediately turn her head entirely around (she's usually in cross-cradle on my nursing pillow) as if she's the security guard of the room. Then she turns her head back to feed quickly with mouth already wide open, like a shark! If the cat comes in the room, she'll turn her head around, give him a few "Hey!"-type grunts, and then shark-mouth again.

wonder if girls are more light hearted?
    Katie Elena 8/24/11

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*newboob View Post
    wonder if girls are more light hearted?
    I dunno my little dude is about the sweetest baby I have ever met. The first time he sees me every morning he greats me with a smile, and if he's not feeling well he just wants to hold my hand. He likes babbling at everyone, and he and my dogs entertain eachother all day long.
    I think it may just be that moms with super sweet tempered babies like to brag, and moms with grumpier babies don't want to be made to feel bad about it.

i didnt mean 2 sound superior................i have a 5 year old nephew and he seemed a lot different no hard feelings?
    Katie Elena 8/24/11

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*hippehpanda View Post
    I dunno my little dude is about the sweetest baby I have ever met. The first time he sees me every morning he greats me with a smile, and if he's not feeling well he just wants to hold my hand. He likes babbling at everyone, and he and my dogs entertain eachother all day long.
    I think it may just be that moms with super sweet tempered babies like to brag, and moms with grumpier babies don't want to be made to feel bad about it.
    i didnt mean 2 sound superior................i have a 5 year old nephew and he seemed a lot different no hard feelings?
    Katie Elena 8/24/11