Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: just for fun--weird nursing habits

Cool just for fun--weird nursing habits

There was a thread for this a while back, but times and babies change, so I was wondering what amusing or annoying little habits your nurslings have developed?

My 6.5 month old goes nuts falling asleep while nursing. He will rub his hand in circles with open palm all over his face and head, tangling his hair up into knots, (his head also always gets sweaty when he nurses weird kid). He will raise his legs and have them come crashing down on mine or the bed or wherever. Those are the amusing ones. The annoying one is when he tries to put his thumb in his mouth while nursing.

Default Re: just for fun--weird nursing habits

Mine likes to stick his thumbs up my nose.

when i'm laying on my back nursing in bed - one of our easiest positions - DS will rotate his body and fling one leg over my head so his legs straddle my face, with his butt right on my face, and then reach down under his body and grab my neck with both hands. awesome. particularly in the morning with a full, heavy diaper.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

right now my dd has to bring a toy to play with while nursing... several times she has brought her xylophone (mallet and all) and will try to hold it above her head and play while latched on. really cute for everyone else and painful for me!
    I'm a dreadlock wearing lucky SAHM to Sabeen Hunter (1/08/11) and wife to my sweet husband Amin.
    Love

My little girl is 4 months now and she has found her fingers, she tries to put her fingers in her mouth while nursing. I love it because she is happy when she does it and will often smile
    Mother of 3 beautiful girls, and expecting baby number 4 in July

Elisabeth ~ 9/25/07
    Eliana ~ 1/08/09
    Elivia ~ 1/22/12 ~ EBF

with all 3 still

My little guy is just around 4 months too, and he's starting to teeth. His poor gums are all red and irritated all the time, which has made him a less than patient nurser, and leads to a lot of squeezed and pinched nipples, but if I manage to get him to latch before he get tired and fussy he does my favorite thing with his top arm (He is usually in a laying position when he is nursing) he will grab onto my fingers and squeeze my hand until he is full or asleep.

auderey, oh my gosh, that would turn me from a morning person into a not-so-morning person. yikes. glad we're not to the totally mobile stage yet, in some ways.
    saidah, that is adorable.
    sugarfoot, I wish I could enjoy it, but the feeling of his nails touching my areola make me want to kill someone. My whole body flushes and I just try not to scream.
    hippehpanda, that's so sweet.

last night, we had a latch, unlatch, laugh hysterically, latch, laugh, unlatch, more hysteria, and ultimately hiccups, and eventually sleep. pretty good way to end the day, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*rakoonz View Post

last night, we had a latch, unlatch, laugh hysterically, latch, laugh, unlatch, more hysteria, and ultimately hiccups, and eventually sleep. pretty good way to end the day, imo.
    I agree!

My DD has taken to pulling her hair when she's sleepy while nursing. Also, the gymnastics has definitely started. I'll be nursing her sidelying in bed, thinking it's bedtime, when out of nowhere she'll ram her sweet little feet into my pubic bone, and work herself from laying on her side to nursing on all fours. And then there's the standard hitting my cheek with her foot while nursing cradled in my lap.
    First time mommy to Anika Jo, born 6/27/11 at home
    Love to , and . Cloth diapering full time, and part-time ECing-- my baby pees and poos in her little pink potty!
    I blog: www.the-whole-life.blogspot.com

My 4 month old tries to put her thumb in her mouth while nursing too, sugarfoot. Also, lately when she's nursing for fun/comfort/snack she has been clamping down, grunting and pulling away really hard then looking up at me and laughing. It is the funniest thing and I have to work really hard not to let her see me laugh because I know it won't be so funny once she has teeth. Also, she likes to hold onto the tuft of hair that sticks up on the top of her head when she's really sleepy.

ooh, ooh, and pulling my hair. like crazy. i might cut it off just because of that.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.