Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I am back in the saddle again!

Default I am back in the saddle again!

Our newest addition was born 5-14 at 10:55am 8lbs 21 inches. I am breastfeeding Ethaniel and my nipples are already killing me, bringing back not so nice memories. Hubby has went to get me some pads and cream so hopefully that will help some. Been trying really hard to get him on right everytime! Hard to do at 2am lol
    I serve an awsome God!!

Bailee 9y

JW 6y

Liberty 3y
    Ethaniel

Default Re: I am back in the saddle again!

Welcome back, and congratulations on the new baby! Let us know what we can do to help.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Congrats!!!!

UG My nipples are so sore and one side is worse than the other..breathe in breathe out... the early days are soooo hard and painful. I hope he gets this quickly! I am using extra virgin olive oil and it is helping some. I am also still in pain from the c section and having troubles getting my bowels to move too so my body is just spent!!! Sorry if TMI
    I serve an awsome God!!

Bailee 9y

JW 6y

Liberty 3y
    Ethaniel

Aw the ugly aftermath of c-section, ugh, btdt. OK, personally, stool softeners, which is all they would give me after my first c-section did zero for me. I got well and truly impacted, which trust me is all you want to know about that. How is that for TMI? When finally home after that nightmare experience Milk of Magnesia saved the day. With baby number 2 when they tried that stool softener nonsense on me I told them I would get up and leave with my baby if they did not give me milk of magnesia and NOW. So you might want to discuss with your doctor if you can use something aside from stool softeners if you are not already.

Please watch that nipple pain. It should not hurt that bad, early days or no. It's the determined mommas who are willing to power through the pain I really worry about, they are the ones who may end up with really serious nipple injury! Have you tried laid back positioning? various latch techniques? Can you see an IBCLC?

laid back: http://www.llli.org/docs/00000000000...astfeeding.pdf and www.biologicalnurturing.com