Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7 mos, Time for solids?

Default Re: 7 mos, Time for solids?

it's quite funny, actually, when he crawls around the house and finds an occasional whole chili pepper. his eyes get red and watery and big and he comes straight over for some milk to soothe the burn. i feel bad laughing but it is so obviously what happens to me too! no harm done.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*auderey View Post
    but even spicy things are fine - my baby LOVES his spicy thai and indian food - he just asks to nurse in the middle of meals
    -mine, too. Loves green chiles, salsa eggs, & jalapeno hummus. my very traditionally thinking in-laws are always amazed that he can eat almost whatever we eat.

we tried purees for about 2 days. way too much effort! he started playing with boiled mashed butternut squash & sweet potatoes around 5 months, actually eating it around 6 & now at 7.5 months can eat raw apples (has two bottom teeth), loves lasagna, yogurt, rice, pancakes, well, pretty much anything we eat. you'd be surprised at what they can gum down. the only thing he's refused was boiled carrots but loves them raw. if i'm not sure he can manage it, i try to mash it with my tongue to see how well it mushes. if it won't mush, feels dry or too hard to swallow, he doesn't get it.

aa.jpgacorn squash.jpg

She is thrilled lol.Thanks for all the advice!

Look at that happy face! I don't know why everyone doesn't at least try BLS- it is so entertaining!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"