Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: My little "Dyson"

Default My little "Dyson"

....is what I've started calling my 13 day old baby! He never loses suction just like my vacuum! Haha! He drains a breast in 10-15 mins. Is that normal for this age? I have an OALD and he has a strong suck, and I believe we are hitting a growth spurt right now. Extra nursing in am/pm but still sleeping at night, thank goodness! I am more full than ever. I keep telling him to chill, but he doesn't listen!

middle of IA

Default Re: My little "Dyson"

sounds like you're doing great, then!
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

As long as he is peeing/pooping normally and gaining weight, there's no reason to worry about how fast/slow feedings are. Feeding lengths are all over the map, even with very young babies. Some take an hour to eat, others are done in 5-10 minutes.

Southern NM

Mine were almost always on the faster side of normal as newborns. As long as the output is fine, your input is fine.
    I am Erin--happily married to the nerd of my dreams for 15 years
    High School Science Teacher
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012
    Thing 2 6/6/05, bf 12 mo, obsessed with dynamite
    Glowworm 2/18/11, bf 15 months and counting