Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 9 months old and pumping?

Default 9 months old and pumping?

Hi I wondered if its possible to start pumping again this late? I stopped when he was about two months due to thrush and He will be going a day in about a month without nursing. And he will want it,Please answer.

Default Re: 9 months old and pumping?

So you're still nursing? Or no?

If you're still nursing, then you should have no problem pumping even very occasionally.

If you're no longer nursing, and you're asking whether you can induce lactation after seven months of not nursing, then the answer is still yes, maybe, but that's more complicated. Can you clarify?

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Still nursing. Hoping to go a year, I just didn't know because I had quit 6 weeks in because of thrush ( didn't know to pump and dump) and I had tried once before a while back and the thing hurt so bad to try that I haven't again. Thank you I'll try this next week

If the pump is hurting you, you may not have the proper sized flanges/cups or you may be turning it up too high? It shouldn't hurt especially after nursing that long (that is, any initial nipple soreness should be long since passed for you). What type of pump are you using?

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.