Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Favorite nursing bras?

Default Favorite nursing bras?

I hope this isn't the wrong place for this question, but it seems pretty central to the nursing experience.

What are your favorite nursing bras and why? Thanks to recurrent bouts of mastitis (you can see my other post), I want to invest in new nursing bras -- also as a mother's day gift to myself. I've been nursing for 15 months now and these bras are looking ratty! Comfort is priority number one, but it would be great if they were cute, too!

Thanks!
    Kate

Mother to a sweet boy, born at 34 weeks on 2/11/11.
    Proud that I grew 26 lbs of baby before solids, and still counting...

We received banked milk in the NICU. Thank you, donors!!!

Default Re: Favorite nursing bras?

i really like the royce bras, which i first found becuase they go up to my size (34K).
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Bravado body silk
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

I love my Royce! The biggest thing you need to do is get professionally sized. I thought I was a 40D and turns out I'm a 34G!!
    ~Debra

Geeks are Moms too!

what PP says is REALLY common - those exact sizes are also what happened to me, and Oprah! Victoria's Secret, among others, will "size" you into sizes they carry. remember that the band should be what supports the weight, not the shoulders, and it should stay parallel to the ground across your back. almost everyone is in too-big bands and too-small cups.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*d.bohnet View Post
    I love my Royce! The biggest thing you need to do is get professionally sized. I thought I was a 40D and turns out I'm a 34G!!
    I love Royce, too. I thought the lack of underwire would bother me, since I've always worn underwire, but they are incredibly supportive since now I'm in my correct size after being professionally sized. I'll be honest though, Royce is the ONLY one who makes my size 28F. No one else carries a 28 back in that cup size.