Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: i thought we were done....

Default i thought we were done....

its been a while since i've been on here.And im not sure if this is the area i should post this in... my daughter turns 3 may 29th we haven't breastfed for about two months, but about 5 days ago she asked again, i avoided it, and tonight she was really excited about it, convincing me she wouldn't bite and she would do this {makes sucking face} lol and that she didn't care if there was milk or not.... my hubby thinks its strange, but i don't want her to feel mommy doesn't love her,or care about her needs. i can still extract a little milk with my fingers, if i started taking fenugreek and some other herbs could i start producing more again? or is this just strange after two months of not doing it? i wouldn't mind going another year, i just thought she was done...

thank you
    -Chelsie
    and with my LO and loving it!

Colton Nicholas 11-5-04
    Prudence Lovela Moon 5-29-09
    Being a friend is to like a person for who they are, even the parts you dont understand. The reasons you like them makes the things you don't understand unimportant. you dont have to understand, or do the same, or live their lives for them. If you truly care for them, then you want them to be who they are; that was why you liked them in the first place
    - Richard Rahl *Terry GoodKind*

Default Re: i thought we were done....

Whether or not you want to unwean your daughter is up to you- and her! Many previously weaned children come back to the breast, but with older kids sometimes they are just playing with the idea, and they want it once or twice and then they are done with it. Therefore, I would not run out and get a ton of herbs. If you let her nurse again, just see what she does. If she is enthusiastic about it, she can bring in a good milk supply all on her own. Supply = demand, even with an older baby/child.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Thank you for your advice! so we tried this morning, and believe she was playing with the idea now. because she did allot of goofing off..... lol yep i think are still done. ~~sad face~~ but it was wonderful while it lasted, and i know she is happy and healthy!
    and with my LO and loving it!

Colton Nicholas 11-5-04
    Prudence Lovela Moon 5-29-09
    Being a friend is to like a person for who they are, even the parts you dont understand. The reasons you like them makes the things you don't understand unimportant. you dont have to understand, or do the same, or live their lives for them. If you truly care for them, then you want them to be who they are; that was why you liked them in the first place
    - Richard Rahl *Terry GoodKind*

Sounds typical. I think sometimes they want to know its there if they need it. And its so touching to know they have fond memories of nursing.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)