Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low supply on one side despite increased nursing~please help

Default Re: Low supply on one side despite increased nursing~please

I don't have a hands-free bra. I don't know how, but I've only recently learned about them!

However, I've gotten really good at balancing the bottles on my thighs, so I can still function. But, maybe I'll splurge and treat myself to a hands-free bra. I bet it would make things much easier and I deserve one!

OMG. you need a hands-free bra. some moms make them out of old sports bras or regular bras. you absolutely deserve it - i think mine was only $25 and actually would have been easy to make myself for cheaper. it will make pumping so much easier.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

You should definitely get/make a hands free bra, it makes a world of difference. I found am old strapless bra I wasn't using any more and just cut some slits in it. The strapless makes it easier to use no matter what I'm wearing.
    I'm Elizabeth, first time mom to Sofia Kerala, born Jan. 6, 2012 at home.

We are happily , , , and .

I'm an international teacher-librarian , currently working in Brazil.

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all the advice.

I think I'll post in the pumping forum, also, since this seems to be primarily a pumping issue. I'm always open to any advice that I may have not yet considered!

So, I am working an extra pumping session into my day. And my little guy is nursing a lot, so that makes me happy. (Isn't it funny how most Moms may be upset if their little one gets up several times at night. But, it thrills me. The more he nurses, the happier I am right now. I appreciate his help in boosting my supply).

I am taking fenugreek like crazy and it might be helping a little, but only on the left side.

I just pumped 3.5oz from my left breast and 1oz from my right. I know it's normal for one breast to produce more than the other, but I feel like this is extreme. I'm worried that my right breast is just drying up or something.

Stressed.

that was a pretty typical output for me too - though more like 2.5 on the right and 1 oz on the left. it won't dry up if you keep pumping it.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Thank you. My second pump of the workday was more like 3/4oz on the right and 2oz on the left.

It's nice to know I'm not alone with this. It helps me to stress a tiny bit less.