I can't tell if I'm just comparing my two babies to one another or if there is a real problem. I do have a two-month WBV coming up, so I will see what my breastfeeding-friendly family doctor has to say, but I was hoping for some input from experienced moms.
My first baby nursed non-stop. He gained so rapidly and has been in the 95th+ percentile since his two-month WBV. He weaned a couple months ago at 2YO. This baby was a touch over 6 lbs. at birth and at seven weeks was only 8.5 lbs. Here are some more details:
- Baby will sleep from 11PM to 6AM. This is so unusual to me.
- Baby nurses every 3ish hours during the day.
- Baby will not dream-feed, even if I give expressed milk. If she doesn't want to eat, she simply won't.
- Baby rarely spits up, so I don't suspect reflux.
- Baby only poops every 3-4 days. This started at around 6 weeks old. When she does poop, it's normal orange, seedy breastmilk poop.
- Our family doctor has said Baby doesn't have a tongue tie and she doesn't appear to.
- Baby is alert, has a good temperature, has rolled over a few times already, and otherwise seems normal.
- Baby does pee a lot and seems to be a super soaker for being so small.
- I seem to have a good supply. I can pump quite a bit in a short period of time. I hear a lot of gulping, swallowing, etc., when my baby nurses.
Okay, so, please help. Is this normal? Is it unusual to have one 95% child and one at the other end of the spectrum? Any suggestions on how I can get this baby to eat more? Or, do I really just need to relax?