Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I need help. Considering weaning my four month old.

Default Re: I need help. Considering weaning my four month old.

Here's a little update:

I pumped every two hours last night to try to get my milk back. Pumping output isn't different, but I definitely feel more full, so hopefully it will work in the next couple of days. I also spent the night skin-to-skin with my DS. I haven't been very hopeful that anything would really happen until just now. I was laying skin-to-skin with him and thought just for fun I offered him the breast without a nipple shield, expecting nothing but the normal angry grunts/crying. He smiled. He actually smiled!

Then he sucked a couple of times without a nipple shield for a few seconds. Here's hoping for progress. I will continue to have skin-to-skin contact with him and pump to get my milk back. I can't help but wonder if his most recent aversion to the breast came from my lack of supply.

I am still looking into trying an SNS. I appreciated the information about the DIY SNS. I just need to find a feeding tube and I'm in business.

Thank you all so much for caring and passing on words of support and wisdom. I guess this is why we have La Leche League. If you think of any other ideas, please pass it on. I appreciate it all!

Thank you again.

It can take 7-14 days of pumping to get supply to change, so don't get discouraged by that.

Ask your vet for a feeding tube
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

That's great. They may seem like little steps but just getting him to try calmly is a huge deal. Be proud mama!
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn