Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: latch issue at 10 weeks plus white noise recommendations?

Default Re: latch issue at 10 weeks plus white noise recommendation

Because I travel so much with my son, having a machine that plays white noise is not really practical. When I googled "white noise downloads" I found sites that featured varieties of recorded white noise sounds, including those specially made for babies, which I could download.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*imperfectmama View Post
    And long as the clicking isn't a sign there's a problem with her latch, that's great. Not sure if I have OALD or not - I know I did have it a few weeks ago because she'd break off and start crying and I'd spray everywhere, but that isn't happening now
    The clicking/loss of suction could still be OALD, but your baby is strong enough now to stay latched so you are not seeing the spray. That was the case for me anyway. OALD contributed to my son's fussiness because he was gulping lots of air when he nursed and getting really gassy. Nursing reclined, one breast per nursing session, helped a lot with that. It sounds like what you are doing now is working well, so go with whatever works!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*ryanandjoshsmom View Post
    .after some extensive research, I decided to give infant probiotics a try.....I swear after giving her the probiotics for a week, the colic was greatly improved. She is now almost 12 weeks and the colic symptoms are all but gone. Not sure if she simply outgrew it or if it was the probiotics....if I had to guess, it would be a combination of the two.
    Hi - just researching this - lactobacillus reuteri seems to be the one to get for colic, although Udo's Choice do one which is "Lactobacillus casei 35%, Streptococcus thermophilus 20%, Lactobacillus acidophilus 15%, Bifidobacterium infantis 15%, Bifidobacterium bifidum 5%, Lactobacillus bulgaricus 5%, Bifidobacterium breve 5%". Just wondered if you could tell me which one you had?
    Mama to Iris and Jess, learning to take it all more slowly b

I have never heard of white noise when it comes to BF or sleeping. Can someone tell me what it's for...and *dumb question* I thought white noise was silent and couldnt be heard by the human ear....so I'm curious radio static and fans???

I'm 4 days off BF and my daughter is 12 weeks...had serious issues that ultimately was resolved with posterior tongue tie being clipped this past week. Now we are BF like a champ. The ENT told me the clicking was a result of her pallet being high and she would ultimately grow into it and it would stop eventually. So if OALD isnt the problem, it may be the pallet....it's more annoying than anything but just make a joke while in public and say she must be really hungry she's smacking so much! LOL

white noise is background noise: noise machine, waterfall, rain, waves, even air conditioner, fan, radio static, snoring, trains. i was skeptical before i had DS but now i'm hooked. it really helps us both sleep sounder, dampens other noise that might wake us up (like the garbage truck, DH's snoring haha).

just wrote you on your other thread - congratulations!!!
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Hi - just researching this - lactobacillus reuteri seems to be the one to get for colic, although Udo's Choice do one which is "Lactobacillus casei 35%, Streptococcus thermophilus 20%, Lactobacillus acidophilus 15%, Bifidobacterium infantis 15%, Bifidobacterium bifidum 5%, Lactobacillus bulgaricus 5%, Bifidobacterium breve 5%". Just wondered if you could tell me which one you had?
    Given that only something like 10% of the species comprising the human gut flora have even been identified, I highly doubt that small species abundance variations in different probiotics are going to make much of a difference. Just find a good infant probiotic and give it a try.

Yep, I have Udo's Choice Infant Probiotic. I initially gave 1/4 tsp once daily. I now give it whenever I remember as her symptoms are all but gone! I mixed the powder in a bit of water and just spooned it in her mouth. I've heard that some mamas will put a dab on the nipple just before nursing. Good luck!