Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it possible to start back breastfeeding

Default Re: Is it possible to start back breastfeeding

you really should be pumping every 3 hours while at work. you may be able to figure out how to get by with only 2 times during the day, depending on if you live close to work and can nurse or pump at home immediately before & after. don't worry what they think about your requesting it now! you still have the right to it (whatever right you had initially).
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like it is going to work out I have to go on strong antibiotics to fight off an infection for 10 days and I think that now happening has my motivation down. My mother says I am being to hard on myself and that I did the best I could at the time. I thank you all for your support and if I should ever have another baby and have issues I know where to turn for support

hi mama, thanks for updating us! i can totally see how the antibiotics now would hurt your motivation. and i totally understand deciding not to continue trying at this point; yourmother is right - cut yourself a break!

but most medications are actually safe for breastfeeding; docs often just don't know it so they recommend the most conservative course and tell you not to bf. you can check out infantrisk.org and even call them and get personalized advice.

good luck! and i hope the antibiotics go smoothly.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.