Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Won't take the bottle, only breast!

Default Won't take the bottle, only breast!

Hi there, I posted a question regarding my little girl's reluctance to take the bottle a while ago. We still have the same problem. She will sometimes take the bottle if I
    offer it to her, after moaning and chewing on the teat for a while, but she flatly refuses to take it from anyone else! It is now a serious problem, because I have started work again this week, and my mother is really struggling to feed her. Thank goodness I am able to go and give her a feed lunchtime, but I am really worried because she's not getting her mid-morning feed. Feeding her with a teaspoon is not working, as she merely screams and chokes on the milk. She is getting expressed breast milk, so the taste is the same.

Could we try a sippy-cup, or is she too young at 4 months? Any advice, please?

Default Re: Won't take the bottle, only breast!

Not too young for a sippy. Try it!

Sorry your LO is being so choosy. I know that's hard for everyone.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I definitely suggest a sippy. Both of mine preferred the Nuby soft nipple cups.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

Thank you! I will buy one this weekend and give it a try. I'm thrilled that she loves breastfeeding so much, but sadly I can't stay at home with her forever. Will continue to express for her though, and keep her on breast milk as long as possible.