Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How Big is a 4 month old?

Default How Big is a 4 month old?

I was just wondering how big your 4 month old babies are. And what are they up too?

My boy just turned 4 months. I am exclusively breastfeeding him. (I don't own one bottle!!!!)

I am still nursing every 2 hours around the clock (feed on demand) and I have decided and am firm on not starting solids until he is 6 months or later.

We haven't been to the pediatrician since he was 2 months and he was 16 pounds then. My husband thinks he is over 30 pounds, now.

I measured him and he is 28 inches and I would say he is 25 pounds or so. He wears 18 month clothes, 12 months are too snug.

He scoots around in his walker, and all of our activity centers are on the highest settings and his feet are on the floor.

He doesn't fit in the Chicco carrier seat (it is supose to be good till 30 pounds). Need to go car seat shopping. Any suggestions?

So let me know what your 4 month old is doing! I am anxious to see if my little man is on target. And reccomend a car seat!

Thank you all!

Default Re: How Big is a 4 month old?

Wow, sounds like your "little" guy is doing great! I have a pretty big boy, too (at 4 months, he was 20.5 lbs) and he's all torso still (just shy of 6 months now, not sure of weight, but I'm getting strong arms ). As for carseats, we ended up getting a Radian, cause it seemed like it had a high harness height for rear-facing, and extended rear-facing is important to us.

So your husband thinks your son gained 14 lbs in 8 weeks?
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

My lo will be 4 months in less than a week. I weighed him on Monday (Friday now) and he was 12lb 2.5oz. He was 6.11 at birth so I think that's pretty good its amazing how different each baby is! Your guy sounds Like he's doing great! Good job with the breast feeding!

My LO turned 4 mo yesterday and we went to the pediatrician today, he weights 14 pounds and 24.5 in, we was 6 pounds at birth so he is doing great, he also eats BM exclusively and no bottles or paci here, so your boy is a big and healthy boy!

Your LO sounds fine! Babies are all over the map at this age. There are big ones and small ones, physically active ones and physically laid back ones. Frequent nursers and infrequent nursers. So don't get too hung up on comparisons!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    Your LO sounds fine! Babies are all over the map at this age. There are big ones and small ones, physically active ones and physically laid back ones. Frequent nursers and infrequent nursers. So don't get too hung up on comparisons!
    Let the above be your mantra, particularly if anyone (Drs., family, etc) gives you grief about 'overfeeding'. Not possible with the breast. Great job, BTW!
    First time mommy to Anika Jo, born 6/27/11 at home
    Love to , and . Cloth diapering full time, and part-time ECing-- my baby pees and poos in her little pink potty!
    I blog: www.the-whole-life.blogspot.com

Holy moly that's a big kid! heh

My 4 month old is about 26 inches and almost 14 pounds. He's super active though, was rolling over and such well over a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Jenna562 View Post
    So your husband thinks your son gained 14 lbs in 8 weeks?
    Yeah that would be a lot! You could always weigh yourself and then hold him and see what the difference is on your home scale if you have one. But really each child grows at their own rate and it sounds like he's doing great!
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Haha that is amazing! My little guy is just over three months old and he is over 25inches long. I don't know his exact weight because my husband doesn't believe in bathroom scales (he's a little chubby too^.^) but at his two month check up he was 14lbs and I am pretty sure he is at least 16 or 17lbs now. He is doing tiny baby crunches these days, trying to pull himself up to sit. He will also pull himself up to a stand if I offer him my fingers for support. Last week we put him in his walker and his feet sat flat on the ground. We are also seeing hints of his first tooth making an appearance.