Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Exclusive pumping and oversupply

Default Exclusive pumping and oversupply

My baby is 9 weeks old and I exclusively pump because I was unable to get her to latch on. She seemed way to impatient for let down and would get entirely to mad to ever latch. Is there still hope of getting her to latch on. This exclusively pumping is really wearing me out. I pump about 80oz a day and already have 180 bags of frozen milk, is this the norm?

Default Re: Exclusively pump and oversupply

No, not normal, but happens when you EP and have an oversupply.

You may be able to get her back. Call a local IBCLC and also look at
    http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/child/back-to-breast/

I feel you. I've been EPing for almost 18 months as my fourth son was born unable to nurse because of a cleft palate. I hate it. It's exhausting.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Default Re: Exclusive pumping and oversupply

Splitting this off into its own thread.
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--