Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Discussing Poo............

Default Discussing Poo............

My little girl had almost a solid stool today; is that normal for a baby her age? She really started solids about two weeks ago. My kid sister says it's fine, but me being the older of the two, decided I'd better research. Thanks.
    Taylor Don 10/24/98-11/22/98
    Katie Elena 8/24/11

Default Re: Discussing Poo............

Once babies start solids, you can expect to see a wide range of poop color, consistency, and smell. As long as baby passes her stool without evidence ofpain or straining, it's nothing to worry about.

Your signature says you're expecting a baby. Congratulations! One thing to be alert for is a big decline in your milk supply. Something like 80% of moms lose some or all of their supply during pregnancy, and until a year you want to make up any shortfalls with formula rather than solids. Breastmilk or formula provide the balanced nutrition that a baby needs for growth. It's a lot harder for a baby to eat the right mix of solids to achieve that balance.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

thanks 4 the info. im feeding right now............i havent noticed a decline but at first, my dd was fussy but that went away. and i appreciate the comment
    Katie Elena 8/24/11

It is fairly normal for their poos to change when solids are introduced.

When DS gets hard poos I stop all constipating foods (Bananas, Applesauce, Cereals, Breads, Pasta and White Potatoes) and consider giving foods that can act as natrual laxatives (apricots, prunes, peaches, plums, pears, peas, spinach, pineapple)
    I am Klisti, I married my best friend Kris two years ago.

The love of my life, Wyatt 8-28-11 AKA the little dude

Thank you Klisti, I'll give those foods a try.
    Katie Elena 8/24/11