Re: Almost 3 month old
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on making it to 3 months with the new baby!
Has your baby's latch changed at all recently? Sometimes teething will cause a baby to soothe her sore gums on mom, which can cause soreness.
If her latch hasn't changed noticeably, then you probably want to consider thrush- a yeast infection that isn't in the "usual" place- as the cause. It is a common cause of pain that crops up after months of trouble-free nursing, and often crops up after mom or baby has taken a course of antibiotics. Thrush can make you sore and cause cracks. You may see some or all of the following:
- a vaginal yeast infection
- a yeast diaper rash or oral thrush in the baby
- nipples that feel chapped, chafed, itchy, or burning
- pain after the conclusion of a feeding
- dry, flaking, or peeling skin in the nipple area
- nipples which appear more red/pink than usual
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"