Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Cluster of tiny lumps

Default Cluster of tiny lumps

Could this be a plugged duct? They are slightly painful to the touch, but not bothering me. They've been there for maybe a week. DD barely nurses at all on this side, but I tried to get her to nurse more for a few days and it didn't seem to get better. I have no experience with this type of thing.

Default Re: Cluster of tiny lumps

Not sure
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

On the areola? Could it be swollen montgomery glands? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Areolar_glands

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

No, not near the areola. I can just feel them. I would barely notice a lump on the outside if I hadn't felt them by accident. There is no redness or anything.

I would suspect the very early stages of a clogged duct (here, more like several small clogged ducts) and see whether frequent nursing, etc., helps? If not, and they're still there in a week or two, maybe check with your doc?

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

That's what I was thinking I'd do. I'll see what I can do and wait and see.