Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Tugging nipple and whining mid nursing

Default Tugging nipple and whining mid nursing

My 5 week old ds has recently begun whining, wiggling and tugging/pulling my breast mid nursing. What does this mean? Is there anything I should be doing to help prevent this? She doesn't do it at every session, just some. Thanks for your comments/suggestions!

Default Re: Tugging nipple and whining mid nursing

Hi! It could mean a few different things, or it could mean nothing. So first I have a couple more questions...
    How is nursing going otherwise? Any sign of over or under supply? Are you ebf? Pumping? How many times per day does baby nurse? How is weight gain/output (poops?) Does this tend to happen more in one nursing position or at one breast than another?

Otherwise bf is going okay. We have been using an SNS for 4 weeks and are weening off of it now. She tugs usually when I don't have the SNS on but has done it with the SNS too. Her weight gain is good and she is peeing and pooing plenty. I am honking she is getting fussy waiting for another per down. Do you think this could be it? Should I switch breasts at this time?

Also, I pump after every nursing session. We currently only use one position fr nursing, clutch/football. And she nurses 6-10 times a day. 6 is usually when she has cluster fed, hard today how many times that equals so I list as one long session.