Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

View Poll Results: When did you introduce a pacifier?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Newborn

3 27.27%
  • First Month (0-4 Weeks)

3 27.27%
  • Second Month (4-6 Weeks)

4 36.36%
  • After Six Months

1 9.09%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Introducing Pacifiers/Dummies?

Default Re: Introducing Pacifiers/Dummies?

Oh yes, and I introduced a pacifier fairly early (4-6 weeks maybe, I don't really remember anymore). I had really bad OALD and my baby wanted to comfort nurse but would just scream and scream because of the spray. He started comfort nursing more often and has been letting go of he pacifier as of about 15 months. At 17 months now, he still occasionally takes it at nap time, but that's about it.

I appreciate everyone's help...I only was asking as a generalization, because I have heard many different answers...
    I do apologize to the leader here, but it seemed as if you weren't really giving an answer so much as an opinion at first is all. No need to be sorry, I still appreciate your thought and input, but I believe a more direct answer would have helped me a little more in deciding.
    As of right now my wee one will not take the paci, she took it briefly for a diaper change about a week and a half ago. Which is completely fine with me
    She seems to be more into hand and finger sucking at the moment...

Cali Elizabeth ~ 3/28/12
    I am currently and

I first introduced it when she was 3 days old. She used it about a week and then wanted nothing to do with it until she was 12 weeks. S she now takes one, especially for DH/DC, but if I am around she clearly prefers me.
    Mom to Kaleb born 7/24/08......clueless about BF and began to supplement. Supply was gone at 8 weeks.

Sarah Beth born 11/29/11.....found this forum(lifesaver) and glad to say she has only had BM since day 1 and we are still going strong!