Re: Breastfeeding in public
Welcome to the forum, mama!
In my opinion, the best thing a nursing mom can do is to make herself comfortable and then nurse with pride wherever she is and without regard for what other people might think or say. Confidence is a nursing mom's BFF! Other good friends include:
- nursing shirts with openings for discreet access (Motherwear makes nice ones) or layers (a shirt to pull up worn beneath a shirt you can pull down)
- a well-stuffed diaper bag that can serve as an on-the-go nursing pillow
- a mirror- practice nursing at home and you will probably discover that you're showing less skin than you think
- time- nursing in public gets much easier as the baby grows
- a supportive partner- let your husband know that he's falling down on the job and needs to be your protector and your cheerleader, not your critic
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"