Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: freezer stash needs to be used up

Default freezer stash needs to be used up

Hi everyone! My 14 mo is beginning to self ween and no longer wants to nurse or take a bottle during my usual working hours. I was continuing to pump while he self weened in case it was not actually weening but something else. After a few weeks of him not taking the bottle, but me still pumping, I now have 120 ounces still in my freezer stash. I already donated what I could, but they wouldn't take anything past his 1 year birthday.

He will not drink it in a sippy and does not want 'momcicles'. I would hate to waste the milk. I am looking for recipes and ideas to use it up.

Default Re: freezer stash needs to be used up

Could you put it in a smoothie or milkshake for him? I know a lot of people bake with it.

I saw a post on here about mama milk yogurt.

You could also consider donating it to a mom in need. Thru Human Milk for Human Babies or Eats on Feets both can be found on Facebook.
    I am Klisti, I married my best friend Kris two years ago.

The love of my life, Wyatt 8-28-11 AKA the little dude

Thanks ladies! I found a mamma and baby pair in need that plan to get the milk!

Yay!

That is great. I gave a bunch to a mom who had low supply, too, and I remember how grateful I was when I had low supply and several moms gave me milk. It was the most wonderful gift and truly not something that just anyone can give.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

We make breastmilk yogart with all "old" milk. You can put it in anything--smoothies, milk shakes, pudding, soups...
    Alene
    LLL Leader