Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newborn twins, horrible latches, ready to quit.

Default Re: Newborn twins, horrible latches, ready to quit.

Things are going a little bit better... I think they're just starting to grow a little, so it's easier to latch on with larger mouths.

Still using the shield since they're still creasing my nipples, but at least it's not as painful.

Thanks for the update Jenny. You really are a trooper and I hope rewards are on the way. Maybe things have turned a corner?

I really hope so. I've cut out supplementing during the day so they'll nurse more often, I think that's helped with supply.

Fantastic! Cutting supplements is always a good way to boost supply- if the baby or babies give you a near-constant nursathon, your body responds by really cranking up production.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Hi there I have been following your threads but was experiencing problems signing on. I too nursed twins and had a few similar issues with latch, big nipples tiny mouths etc. I Sought the advice of a breast feeding counsellor and she suggested the laid back biological feeding position that worked a treat. I Was able to co sleep and tandem feed. The creased nipple again may be a sign of a slight problem with position. how is the nipple creased, Are they too high? this can be improved by turning your arms in a little so that they are are in line with your body and feet touching you so they can push themselves on, head under the breast, play around a little. Once you get the hang of it you can then free one hand to gently massage your breast to help milk flow which in turn improved their latch I could even sip a drink, and eat while feeding both . I did supplement with one bottle of formula about four ounces. One twin liked it the other refused. I did stop after a while because it wasn't helping and my milk supply was good. I wonder if ditching the shield would help improve their latch, just a thought. Any way you deserve a medal I have four girls but feeding my twins was a wonderful experience and I am glad it's working for you too.