Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8-week old crying for hours

Default Re: 8-week old crying for hours

We have an evening fusser too. A friend gave us a copy of the "happiest baby on the block" book and it was a god send. I would not have survived with out this book. Its a short and simple book and if you open it to the exact middle of the book everything you need is right there. Maybe it will help.

Also, with my fussy baby, the Baby Bjorn Babysitter (bouncy chair) worked wonders. Anytime he was crying and we couldn't soothe him, we'd pop him into that chair and bounce him and that almost always did the trick and made him happy. The Fisher-Price Snugabunny swing was good, too, but if I had to pick one of the two it would definitely be the Baby Bjorn Babysitter. Couldn't have made it thru my baby's first 3 months without it. I was so reliant upon it that I took it apart and packed it into a suitcase to take cross-country when we went to visit the in-laws--don't think we could have managed without it for the week we were there. I know every baby is different and what works for one may not work for another, but for us that chair was a miracle worker.

I just wanted to jump in that we had an evening fusser too, between 5-9 it was worse than normal. The first 2 months for us were heck..our LO had silent reflux and we did not know. What I noticed was when he was lying down I could hear him swallow often and it just didn't seem right. Also, he tended to arch his back a lot and "fight" at us at the same time. Apparently a classic sign of silent reflux. I had to elimiate dairy, eggs, chocolate and orange juice for a while. Holding him up for at least 30 mnutes after he ate and elevating hjis sleeping surface. Hope that helps a little?
    FT working momma to a 9/11/10 busy boy and 11/13/12 happy little man.
    Also wife to hubs since 8/23/08, bonus momma to H (girl) -99 and G (boy)-03