Re: 8-week old crying for hours
It sounds more like colic to me. Both my kids have been evening fussers, and my second-born would sometimes go until 1 in the morning. It was awful! But also temporary. Here's what helped us:
- Nurse. Nurse, nurse, nurse, nurse. I know it's tiring to have an hourS-long nursathon, but it's better than screaming!
- Closesness. Wear baby in a sling.
- Motion. Rock in a rocking chair, sway, bounce on an exercise ball, swing in a swing, ride in a car or stroller, etc.
- White noise.
- Calm house. Keep the lights, tv, and stereo low or, preferably, off.
- Warm bath.
- Fresh air. My kids would quiet down the moment we stepped outside. Walk your LO down to the local henge and let the celestial vibrations do their magic (sorry, I couldn't resist the joke when I saw where you live!).
- Time. If this is colic, it's a developmental thing and it will eventually pass. Both my girls pretty much stopped their colicky behavior by 3 months of age.
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"