Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Suggestions on good pumps for short term use

Default Suggestions on good pumps for short term use

I have been bf for 6m now and have rented the hospital grade pump but at $80 a month it is such a waste of money, however I will never bf again as I can have no more children and worried about spending to much for a short time and what do you do with a pump afterwards? Throw it in the trash? What a waste. So I am trying to decide to I buy a pump for $2-300 or continue to rent one for $400? I would like an electric pump that was much cheaper since it is a short time and even a good used one but hear that is not suggested either. I would appreciate your comments. Thx

Default Re: Suggestions on good pumps for short term use

http://www.breast-pumps.org/compare-ameda-medela.asp

heres a chart.
    Are you pumping all the time, and working? if what you have is working I might keep it even if a new one would be less.

http://www.leron-line.com/updates/Breast_Pumps.htm

i'm interested in what some of the pumping moms have to say..
    I know there is a yahoo group for pumping moms I don't have a link for that..

I work part time as a nurse so I have little time to get the job done. I have the medela pump in style advance. Like the hospital grade pumps it has the suckle and let down button. I'm able to get 6 oz in about 8 minutes total. I purchased mine on ebay. But, it was a factory sealed one still with warranty. If you buy a used one then the warranty isn't good so if the motor goes out then your out of luck. If you buy from somewhere like ebay just check the source and make sure it is a factory sealed one.

I am still off work since i had a work realted injury that i had surgery on. I will be off likely again for a unplanned hysterectomy. I will likely work only a few months during ds 1st yr. I pump 1-2 times a day for a frozen extra bottle. I think keeping the one I have may just be a good idea after all.