Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Freestyle flaking out after 9 mo?

Default Freestyle flaking out after 9 mo?

Hi all,
    I'm a first-time poster so I hope I've got my P's and Q's right ...
    I pump twice a day, 4 days/week - my DS is nearly 10 months and I plan to keep the pumping up through his first birthday, then see how it goes.
    Up till now I've loved my Freestyle (it's allowing me to type right now), but (1) the battery has completely died and the pump only works when plugged in, and (2) lately it is SO tricky to get the breast shields on well, and the membrane sandwich perfectly aligned, etc. This is already my second set of accessories (breast shield + membranes + tube hook-up). Anybody else had issues? It seems like this sort of use (2x/day, 4x/week) is totally reasonable.

Default Re: Freestyle flaking out after 9 mo?

#1 happened to me too. Mine was past the warranty, so if it isn't, I would recommend calling Medela. Seems to me they said something about a new battery.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

I have had good luck with Medela service. They replaced my Freestyle even after more than a year. I had some black dust coming from under the battery cover and they replaced the whole unit. Wouldn't hurt to call them and see what they will do for you.

It couldn't hurt to contact them. Maybe they could help. Pumps are meant to be disposable unfortunalty
    AMIE< Proud mommy of 7