Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby gets really fussy when fed from one breast?

Default Baby gets really fussy when fed from one breast?

My LO is 5 wks old.... I have OALD and have now worked to the point where baby can take my flow without having to unlatch the baby at letdown. When fed from one breast she still gets EXTREMELY fussy though, after the feeding. She has her reflux symptoms more and seems gassy. From the other she eats well, but not as long, but is content and not nearly as in much discomfort after a feeding. Should I still catch the let down from the breast she seems to get fussy with.... it does let down harder and usually produces more milk, so maybe she is still getting too much foremilk?

Default Re: Baby gets really fussy when fed from one breast?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*columbakss View Post
    Should I still catch the let down from the breast she seems to get fussy with.... it does let down harder and usually produces more milk, so maybe she is still getting too much foremilk?
    I would try that, yes. Or hand-expressing a bit first.

Can you (or have you) try more laid back breastfeeding when nursing on that side to get gravity to help too? (Apologies if you have talked about this elsewhere!)
    JoEllen married to Jason 10-29-2005.

Mama to Logan 12-26-2007
    Breastfed for 2 years and weaned on his own terms

Our Lincoln 6-11-2011 to 9-12-2011
    my homebirthed-water baby, who was born with a broken heart

And our special blessing, Leonidas 9-5-2012. A toddler who loves his "boops!"

Come visit our blog here!

SURPRISE!!! We caught the first PP egg and are currently baking baby BOY #4! Due to arrive late-Jan/early-Feb