Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Latch issues Lacerations already only 5th day?

Default Latch issues Lacerations already only 5th day?

New here, I am starting to wonder if I can do it this time- not even a week & I have to cup feed her expressed milk I should know how to do this no problem this is my 10th BF child but it has never got so bad so quick. She opens her mouth good to attach but then slides her bottom lip up & reattaches any ideas? Also her nose seems to be blocked at night tried saline & bulb syringe but all clear the only thing that seems to help is chest rub on my upper chest for her to breathe.

Default Re: Latch issues Lacerations already only 5th day?

I think your baby should be examined by a doctor ASAP. That breathing issue as you describe it sounds scary to me. While he/she is at it, you could have baby checked for tongue and lip tie. (You may need to see an ENT for this.)

Default Re: Latch issues Lacerations already only 5th day?

Pediatrician first, IBCLC second. If your baby's latch is so difficult that it has already caused cracks, you would really benefit from hands-on help. I'm thinking your LO could have a tongue tie, or perhaps the breathing issue is making it hard for him...
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"