Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reverse cycling

Default Re: Reverse cycling

Thank you both for the advice. I will try having my mom spoon-feed DS or give him EBM in a cup and we'll see if that helps

One more idea: see if he is willing to take smaller bottles more frequently during the time that you are gone. You might be able to get another ounce or two in during the day.

With regards to the night waking, you can try making it less appealing to wake up at night. Offer the breast for shorter periods of time, take him off the nipple and change his position so his mouth is away from you. Kind of what No Cry Sleep Solution offers as ideas to encourage more solid sleep at night.

In any case, my sympathies. It's not fun to be awake 3-4 times a night!

I know that when Lilah was reverse cycling - well beyond her entire first year -I would have been very uncomfortable with limiting the breast when we were together, day or night. I coslept with her - and am cosleeping with Trixie - to make sure that they can make up for the mama milk they miss out on during the day. I think Trixie wakes up 3 or 4 times a night to nurse, but falls right back to sleep, so it's not that big of a deal.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months