Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How can I get my baby to sleep

Default Re: How can I get my baby to sleep

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jah73 View Post
    My babe is 23 weeks and no improvement yet, just hoping it gets better really soon for both our sakes!
    You may have a somewhat "high needs" little one on your hands there. My sympathies, I had one of those as well. It really, really does get better. But not always "on schedule," you know? Keep it up, it sounds like you're doing great. As far as the OALD still bothering her, have you considered that reflux or some other sort of problem might be contributing to her discomfort and fussiness? I know it's so hard to say sometimes - you wish your baby could talk to you and tell you what's bothering her!

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

I had/have two high needs babies for sure! But they both got better/are getting better with time. One thing that really did help A2 was letting the letdown stream into a burp cloth. You could always try that
    Melissa

Young SAHM of
    Afton (A1) (1/24/09) and
    Autumn (A2) (8/29/11)

Sealed in the SLC Temple

and and now CDing!

I was wondering, if the OALD is the problem, what if you got her to nurse until the beginning of your letdown, then gave her the old switcharoo--putting in her mouth your pinky finger with the nail down on the tongue, then once you let the letdown spray into a towel and it was calm, switch her back to the breast for the slower flow and comfort nursing?