Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Ebf baby won't take bottle at daycare

Default Ebf baby won't take bottle at daycare

My almost 6 month old Ebf baby won't take a bottle at daycare. Its fresh expressed milk but she seems offended by the very idea of having to eat this way. I've returned to work and work 40 minutes from daycare so I have no options of taking time to nurse her in the middle of the day. She's going 9 hours without eating. Please help. I don't know what to do with her...

Default Re: Ebf baby won't take bottle at daycare

Does she eat solids? How long has she been in daycare?

My baby did this too and it was stressfull, but she started eating from the bottle after a while. Have you checked your milk for excess lipase?
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

She hasn't started solids yet. I was gonna do it at 6 months but may step it up so they can at least give her something. This is day 3 in daycare. And all three days shes just refused to eat.

How do I check for excess lipase??

I'm so worried! I don't go all day without eating... So she certainly shouldn't have to.

Any suggestions on how you made it work? How long did it take?

What kind of bottle are you using? Have you tried different kinds of bottles?

Taste the milk you sent with her today. It should taste sweet, if not, if it tastes off or gross, that may be your problem.

It took time. Has your care provider tried pouring milk into her mouth with a cup? One thing that helped me was to think about how some babies sleep that long at night (mine never did) and so as long as she was able to nurse on demand with me, and through the night, that it should be ok.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

My niece would not take bottle for the first week (about) that she was in daycare. Then she did, and she took them fine thereafter.
    I am Erin--happily married to the nerd of my dreams for 15 years
    High School Science Teacher
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012
    Thing 2 6/6/05, bf 12 mo, obsessed with dynamite
    Glowworm 2/18/11, bf 15 months and counting