Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baking with breastmilk?

Default Baking with breastmilk?

Is this ok to do? My DD had a dairy sensitivity and she seems to be tolerating it ok now when I eat it in small amounts, but I am still hesitant to try giving her any dairy directly, or even anything that has dairy in it. She is 9 m/o. So our options are a bit limited in what I can offer her for solids.

I found this recipe for sweet potato pancakes (scroll down til you see it) that I would love to try but it has butter and milk in it. For the butter I can use soy butter but for the milk I would love to use breastmilk if I can! Is this ok to do? If so, does it matter if it's frozen or fresh? I have excess lipase so everything I have frozen was scalded first - I'm thinking that might be better to use for baking...

If not EBM, would soy or almond milk be ok to sub for the cow's milk? I know you're supposed to wait on nuts til LO is 1 year, not sure about nut-based milk tho...

TIA!
    DD, 7-2-2011, "Little Owl" nursed for 21 months

DS, 10-10-2013, "Mr. Man" EBF and going strong

Default Re: Baking with breastmilk?

coconut oil and coconut milk for the butter and milk, maybe?
    First time mommy to Anika Jo, born 6/27/11 at home
    Love to , and . Cloth diapering full time, and part-time ECing-- my baby pees and poos in her little pink potty!
    I blog: www.the-whole-life.blogspot.com