Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pumping at a conference

Red face Pumping at a conference

Any suggestions on where to pump at an all day long conference?
    I'm attending a conference and not staying at the hotel as I live in the city it's being held at. I contacted the hotel to see if they could make acccomodations for an area to pump... And Was recommended to use the bathroom (no chairs or couches). I personally don't eat in the bathroom and I wouldn't expect my child to... Any suggestions on what to do?

Default Re: Pumping at a conference

Have you talked to the group that is holding the conference? Perhaps they have a room booked that you could use.

I second the idea of asking the group that is holding the conference. Is there a specific contact person for accommodations? Even if there isn't, it's worth a shot. I would guess they would help. Otherwise, you could try contacting the hotel again and explain that the bathroom really isn't a reasonable solution and ask what else they can offer you.

Worst case scenario, could you pump in your car?
    First time mom to DS, born 2/21/2011.

due with #2 6/26/2014

I went to a three day, all day, conf in my town only a month after returning from maternity leave and i must say it was not my favorite but i survived. I brought everything I needed to pump in my car just in case but the walk to an from the car was immense and I did not want to do it. I did end up using a bathroom.

i called several times leading up to the conf and was dissuaded every time. no we don't have anywhere, use the bathrooms, no there are no couches /outlet sin the bathroom, etc....

I did however do some exploring at said hotel and found that there were bathrooms near the conf area with large sitting rooms off the side, they had a coffee table, couch, and outlets.... perfect, right up until said sitting room is filled with every female attendee and their laptops trying to work during every single break, but i just did not care, i pulled them out and set up shop and got some crazy looks but who gives a rats ass what someone thinks....

a final option would be that if you know anyone else attending who has a room booked you could ask to use their room?
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

best advice I got was plan for the worst and hope for the best
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

I used a large family/handicap bathroom during a conference once. You know, the kind that are the individual rooms that lock, not a bunch of stalls. I just brought in a chair from a conference room and set up shop for 20 minutes.

Not ideal, but it didn't feel yucky like a stall would.
    My little man was born 12/17/2010.

Baby girl was born 4/30/2014.

Ask your conference convener - I did that in February and she got me a key to her personal hotel room! Which worked great till she checked out early the last day...
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.