Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is She Ready?

Default Is She Ready?

sorry for the typos but i am nursing my daughter okay, my question: yesterday, as i was eating my cinnamon toast crunch, katie started grunting at me and looking at my spoon like she really wanted a drink of the whole milk; disregarding what her pedi. said about the 1 year rule, i offered her a drink and she loved it! from that first sip, i created a monster; she through a tantrum until i gave her more. should i let her have foods she wants? she is already eating stage 3 foods as well so should i try and slow her down?
    Taylor Don 10/24/98-11/22/98
    Katie Elena 8/24/11

Default Re: Is She Ready?

How old is she?

She doesn't understand what is on the spoon. She probably would have loved water on it. You could just give her real food that you are eating instead of stage 3 food - what does that mean anyway?

The only "food" that I restricted with my daughter was cow's milk - I didn't let her have it until she was over a year. And she probably did get a sip here and there like you are mentioning after she was over 9 months or so. I think the danger with cow's milk is that you don't want to let them have very much of it.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

How old is your baby? I personally would not give cow's milk until a year. However my son has problems with anemia, so I'm not giving milk even now at 17 months. I don't know what stage 3 foods are, but other than cow's milk, most foods should be fine as long as there are no allergies. Just make sure to nurse before giving solids the first year.

Sorry for the duplicate ino! The post above wasn't there when I was typing.

she will b 8 months soon. stage 3 gerber baby food
    Katie Elena 8/24/11

I guess I don't understand what stage 3 means. Is that an amount? Is that a consistency? Neither of my kids were into jarred food, or really anything off of a spoon. So I just gave them a piece of everything I was eating. So if she's lunging at your cereal in the morning, I would just give her some cereal. At 8 months, I would probably be cautious about cow's milk. You could give her yogurt if you want.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

My baby just had regular table food at 8 months. It's normal for them to want what you are eating. You could give her a piece of dry cereal rather than the milk.

she doesnt have teeth yet, wont she get choked? i appreciate all
    Katie Elena 8/24/11

Cereals like Cheerios melt in your mouth. Try it for yourself if you have concerns about a particular cereal. Soft fruits like peaches, pears, tomatoes, etc. don't require teeth to chew off bites. Same with most cooked veggies and shredded meats (braising overnight will soften meats significantly).

http://forums.llli.org/showthread.ph...starting-foods

You don't need teeth to eat a lot of whole foods. See the above thread about foods to try.
    My little man was born 12/17/2010.

Baby girl was born 4/30/2014.