Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: overprodcution?

Default overprodcution?

so reading these post about overproduction has got me worried! my daughter is 3 months old. I always spray all over, on one breast. throughout the entire feeding, anytime she releases i spray. also when im working and pumping my boobs always feel super full between pumpings, but when im off i dont notice until its gone like an hr past her normal feeding time. is overproduction a prob and what do i need to do? my daughter seems to tolerate everything fine, eats well, healthy and gaining wt appropriatly.

Default Re: overprodcution?

also she does have some reflux probs, is currently on meds 2x a day and doing great with it. only eats about 10-15 per feeding. the left breast def makes alot more milk and she only takes that one. when she eats off the right breast she takes them both.

do YOU feel like you're overproducing or that there is a problem?
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

Do you feel like this is a problem? Are you visibly lopsided at all? Is baby struggling with the rapid milk flow? Are you getting plugged ducts? Are you pumping way more than baby drinks? Are you frequently feeling overfl or engorged? How many oz do you pump at a sitting?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

i dont feel like there i a prob. she does fine with the fast let down. at daycare she is only eating 2 oz and i pump 4-6. today i gave her a faster nipple and she ate almost 4 oz. she eats very quickly like 15min max to empty both breasts and it was taking her 30min at daycare for 2 oz. think it was more work then she was used to.

If its not a problem for you, it's not a problem!
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

I had an overproduction for the longest time. Around 6 months things definitely settled in. My son is 10mo and I've not had spray in a long time. It'll get better, don't worry. I'm glad you say she has adjusted to the flow.