Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Managing feeding when baby stun

Angry Managing feeding when baby stun

Hi again Ladies, need a bit more advice re managing OS/OALD. I am trying to give it a bit longer before resorting to the contraceptive pill. As I have said previously, I am block feeding doing 12hr blocks, so a night boob and a day boob, this has put a complete stop to my babies discomfort after feeding which is great. Also, I swap sides in the morning, so have to hand express some for comfort during the night and in the morning when I swap, so that she will feed. The days nursing is then quite good because I stay on the same side, but I am having some problems with it that I'm hoping someone may be able to help me with! Firstly before bed, my baby would always nurse to sleep, even if she refused every other feed, however now I am swapping sides after about 14 hrs of not feeding on that side, she hates it, I hand express a bit so that she can feed because it is BURSTING, but it seems like there is just TOO much milk for her and she just can't manage it all, she gets so upset and I end up trying to settle her other ways which takes forever and she ends up not having a good feed, so I am left still quite full. This used to be our favourite nursing session! Also, she has started sleeping longer through the night, so last night on the left side, she had 1 really good feed and 2 snacks and then today on the right side, she had 2 really good feeds, 2 ok feeds and 2 snacks, this is double the amount of feeds that she had on the left. Will this not leave me uneven? The left side was engorged since 2 pm today and I didn't feed her on it until 8pm! I don't know how to organise my blockfeeding so that it is more even? If I try swapping sides during the day, she REFUSES to feed completely. I seem to be filling up quicker and quicker and the longer the blocks, it seems, the faster the flow. Not sure whether to shorten the blocks, so that I have 3 swaps, but she hates the swaps, or whether to express more before the swap so that she can cope better. Is it better to try and have the same amount of feeds in each block? Also when I put her on the full side, she can't cope but if I put her on the emptier side initially and then swap her, she copes better, I presume that is because she isn't sucking as hard, so not sure whether I should do a couple of feeds on 1 side and then try and feed on both and repeat a couple of feeds on 1 then feed on both? Only problem is, I would prob have to put her back on the emptier side to fall asleep, would this be causing too much stimulation? Also, when I do like 5 feeds on 1 side, it seems like after a couple of days my boobs know what is happening and fill up really quickly ready for the 5 feeds, I thought that it was the time it was full that counted, however it seems like because it gets emptied over and over close together, It goes mad! Is this possible and thoughts on best way to feed to regulate/manage my supply and keep my baby happyband nursing would be much appreciated. Sorry for the long and confusing post, but as you have probably gathered I am very confused about the best way to manage this. Thanks everyone once again.

Default Re: Managing feeding when baby stun

Was meant to say "managing feeding when baby STTN"